• question-icon

What causes chest pain along with pain in the left arm?

Posted on Thu, 6 Jul 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I am having chest pain and pain in my left arm but not even a couple months ago I had a stress test and they said my heart is healthy if I had too much salt with my dinner could that cause this? Or is it something more serious. Do I need to go to the hospital?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Spicy and salty food can do that

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that taking spicy and salty food at night can also causes gastric irritation which can further present as chest discomfort.

As you have already underwent stress test few months back which was normal also your young age so the possibility of any heart issue is very less.

But even then if you are having chest discomfort it's always advisable to get an ECG done to rule out any ongoing cardiac ischeamia. So yes it's better to visit ER and get an ecg done.

One more thing I want to point out is if you use big pillows while sleep kindly avoid it as it put strain on your neck causing pain sometime in chest or shoulder discomfort.

I hope this information will be helpful and will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist