What causes chest pain after a stressful situation?

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency
Question: I HAVE BEEN SEEN IN THE ER TWICE WITH CHEST PAIN TONIGHT SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY HOME AND MY CHECK IS LIKKIGME. THE OTHER RESULTS WERE NEUTROPHILIC LEUKOCYTOSIS AND CHEST WALL PAIN. SINCE I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO I TOOK 8 MG OF DIALIDUD WHICH IS PRESCRIBED AND NOW I JUST HURT EVEN MORE. SHOULD I DRIVE MYSELF TO THE ER ONCE AGAIN OR IT IS A WASTE OF TIME?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hoping and praying all is well

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help.

Yes ma'am, please report to the ER as your chest pain has increased after a stressful situation. Please request for an ECG (EKG) and a blood investigation include complete blood count and your cardiac markers. Please make sure the doctor reads your EKG immediately to rule out/confirm any possible cardiac abnormalities.

If god forbid an abnormality on your EKG is noted, please request for immediate management. If all has been reported as normal, request for intravenous administration of pantoprazole. Then you can get back home and attach all the reports to umour discussion so I can further guide you ma'am.

Please do hurry. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to keep me informed and write to me regarding any queries you have. I am always available to help.

Best of luck ma'am.