• question-icon

What causes chest discomfort?

Posted on Wed, 25 Feb 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hello, stressing about some chest discomfort. 52 yr old female ht 5' 7 wt 147. Not constant but few times over last few hours discomfort under rib left side near stomach. Not super painful but uncomfortable enough to stop what I was doing. Took gas relief to r/o and buffered aspirin in case heart? Trying to calm myself and decide whether to go to er? I really don't want to!
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gastric discomfort, Anxiety most likely probabilities, Get assessed

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your cocnern. There is no harm in visiting gER and getting an EKG done as you never know. But i am sure it will come clean and is just a precautionary measures.

Chest pains are very common complains and gastric discomfort, anxiety and musculoskeletal pains and lungs irritation all present the very same.

to me it looks like mostly a stomach discomfort. Just take some antacids and modify diet and lifestyle and you shall feel a difference. You should get evaluated though as it is always wise to rule out worst case scenario at first.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan