What causes chest discomfort while sitting for prolonged period of time?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
I carefully reviewed your medical history and would like to explain that your recently experienced chest discomfort has nothing to do with any ischemic cardiac disorders.
Your chest pain characteristics are quite nonspecific for heart issues (it is modulated by postural changes or respiration).
Also those mild (traces) mitral and tricuspid regurgitation are not a reason for your chest discomfort. They do not produce such a symptomatology and you should not worry about them.
Such trivial mitral and tricuspid regurgitation are frequently found in normal healthy individuals.
Similar chest discomfort is commonly encountered in inflammatory disorders, including costochondritis, pleural or pericardial inflammation, etc..
Gastro-esophageal reflux could also mimic this symptomatology.
I would recommend performing some other tests to further investigate for the possible responsible causes:
- complete blood count, erythrosedimentation rate, PCR
- a chest X ray study
- a cardiac ultrasound to examine the pericardial status, etc.
Meanwhile, I would recommend trying ibuprofen for the pain. If it relieves your symptoms, it would indicate that inflammation is the cause of your chest pain.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
In case of other uncertainties, please do not hesitate to ask me!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can stress cause chest discomfort
- What causes shortness of breath with chest discomfort
- Chest discomfort when sitting
- Chest discomfort caused by cpap
- Coughing and chest discomfort while walking
- Sitting at computer chest discomfort
- Chest discomfort tightness while exercising
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What is the cause and treatment for chest discomfort
- What causes dyspnea heaviness in her chest and some chest discomfort