What causes chest discomfort and neck pain?
possibly due to anxiety.
Hello Mr. XXXXXXX
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
I have read your query and understand your concerns.
You are mainly worried about the chest discomfort and tingling/twitching.
First about chest discomfort,
I feel the cause for this symptom in your case may be either gastritis or stress and anxiety.
The cardiac causes are ruled out because you have had normal ECG twice.
Anxiety can cause any kind of symptoms and is more a diagnosis of exclusion.
Gastritis can cause chest discomfort. You can take antacids like omeprazole and observe whether your symptoms disappear or not.
Multiple sclerosis has multiple symptoms like bladder problems, lack of coordination and concentration, vision problems apart from tingling.
As I have mentioned earlier, anxiety can cause number of symptoms, tingling is one of those.
So, I would suggest you to not worry much. The more you will think about these symptoms, the more they will increase.
Practice relaxation exercises like deep breathing and meditation.
Consult your psychiatrist for management of anxiety.
You will be fine.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss further.
Kindly close the discussion if you have no more queries and give your valuable feedback.
Dr. Shubham Mehta, Md (Psychiatry)
Probably anxiety disorder; antianxiety medications.
Sorry for the delayed response.
Pantocid DSR is a good drug with negligible side effects.
Chest discomfort and related symptoms are most probably due to anxiety. As I told you earlier that anxiety can cause any symptoms related to any system of body.
Your ECG came out to be normal. So the chances of heart disease are very less.
I think you should trust your doctor. Please Do not confuse yourself by reading things on net.
Multiple sclerosis consists of group of symptoms involving nervous, visual, speech, musculoskeletal, urinary and sensory systems. It is diagnosed based on clinical criteria.
Only tingling can not be a determining factor for MS.
You can read more about MS on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis.
I would also suggest you to consult a neurologist for detailed clinical examination and if he feels you need an MRI, then you can proceed further.
Neurologist would be a better person to discuss about MS.
By concentration problem I mean that there are cognitive impairments in MS which can lead to impaired focus and concentration on a particular task.
In my opinion, you are getting apprehensive about your symptoms and this is worsening the symptoms. It is most likely an anxiety disorder.
You need some anti-anxiety medications like clonazepam from your psychiatrist. This will help you and you will be fine in few days.
Hope this lessens your anxiety and you find my response re-assuring.
I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of neck pain and shivering
- What causes dizziness and neck pain
- Implanon causes neck pain
- What causes rightsided neck pain
- Neck pain caused by snorting
- What causes chest discomfort and wheezing
- What is the cause and treatment for chest discomfort
- What causes constant neck pain
- What could be the cause of neck pain
- What can cause neck pain
- How to reduce weight?
- Suggest treatment for increase libido
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation
- What causes fear of disease or death, dizziness, heaviness in head and SOB?
- What causes digestion problem after having Dicorate ER?
- Can ED medicines be taken along with diabetes medications?
- Suggest treatment for clots on legs while weaning off Adderall
- Suggest treatment for MDD and anxiety
- Suggest treatment for obsessive compulsive disorder