• question-icon

What causes chest congestion, chills and hot flashes?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: my wife has what we thought was a cold. she has congestion, drainage into her lungs,. Now she is having chills and hot flashes ; back and forth between hot and cold.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to hormone depletion

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You need to take your wife to a doctor and get her clinically examined to rule out the possibility of a bacterial infection and pneumonia. A chest X ray and a blood test (complete blood count) will help in ruling out such a condition.

Another possibility to consider is hormone deprivation which can often be seen at this age. You would need to get her evaluated by a gynecologist and hormone replacement therapy should provide relief.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha