What causes chest and shoulder pain after smoking weed to help in PTSD?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I smoke weed to help my PTSD. I think I may be having chest and shoulder pain but I do run about 20 miles a week as well. I'm thinking maybe pleurisy ... Is this in my head or should I be concerned?
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
consult psychiatrist.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

Thank you for your query.

As you said you smoked weed to help your PTSD but smoking weed may cause chest and shoulder pain.

for PTSD you shuld take other medication rather smoking weeds as weeds has property of addiction.
you are thinking that weed help you but as the time passes you are having more trouble as initial period improvement in PTSD symptoms but in the end you might have both PTSD and weeds addiction.
Not to worry about pleurisy.
whether you have any history of breathlessness, cough with expectoration, fever etc?

So stop taking weeds for PTSD and consult psychiatrist.

Thank you.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: What causes chest and shoulder pain after smoking weed to help in PTSD? 18 minutes later
Why would weed cause chest or shoulder pain? Should I be concerned about emphysema? Lung cancer? What do you believe could be going on?

Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No concerns about emphysema / lung cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,

Weed cause constriction of body vessels and muscles which result in chest and shoulder pain. The pain is not related to emphysema and lung cancer symptoms. But I am afraid if you continue smoking weed there may be chance that you end up with lung pathology.

So best is to quit weeds and take treatment for PTSD.

Thank you

Follow-up: What causes chest and shoulder pain after smoking weed to help in PTSD? 15 minutes later
Thank you, be blessed

Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are always welcome.

If you have no more questions, please close this discussion.

God bless you too!!