What causes chest and back pain inspite of having fibromyalgia?
Not due to cardiac cause.
Thanks for posting your query.
The chest and back pain that you have can be due to fibromyalgia. If the pain is not associated with any shortness of breath and excessive sweating then a cardiac cause is not likely. Also since your cardiac work up is normal there is no need to worry.
The intermittent episodes of sweating are related to anxiety. To help this problem you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good antianxiety drug with low day time sedation.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Thanks for writing again.
An overactive nervous system can cause such symptoms. You need to incorporate the life style changes that I have suggested. It will help in calming your nerves. You will see an improvement in 2-3 weeks.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How is fibromyalgia and back pain treated
- Fibromyalgia and lower back pain
- Fibromyalgia and back pain
- What causes intermittent chest pain and back pain
- What causes extreme chest and back pain
- What causes bloating and back pain
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes middle back pain
- What causes severe back pain