• question-icon

What causes change in menstrual cycles after a salpingectomy?

Posted on Fri, 27 May 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I had my second selpingectomy 5months ago. Tt hasnt chahe last few months my body has been changing dramatically. My last period lasted 15days (start date was the 3/3/16) first time ever as my periods are usually clock work, on time and 7days. I have been feeling depressed and very tired easily. My skin has gotten pretty bad as in very dry and pimply and since I finished my period i have been getting alot of watery discharge. So much so I need to wea and change my liner as often as I would had I been on the first or second day of my period. May you know what might be happening? is there any cause that I may need to see my doctor? -Diet and exercise has not changed for years.
Answered by Dr. Soumya 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need ultrasound scan

Detailed Answer:

I have read you query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) This change in periods pattern is likely to be due to certain small changes in the hormones of the body.

2) If the bleeding continues like this, You need to get an ultrasound scan done to check if there is any fibroid or polyp in the uterus that is causing such bleeding.

3) Wait for 3 days. If bleeding does not stop see your doctor.

I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.

Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.

Dr. Soumya
Dr. Soumya

OBGYN