What causes causes poor appetite?

Question
i do not like to eat my regular veg lunch and dinner
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please post your specific concerns.

Detailed Answer:

It will be impossible to understand the reason for your dislike. Further I don't see a medical reason that can explain your dislike. Do you mean you have a low appetite or is it your dietary preference. Please post your specific medical concerns to discuss about it.

Follow-up: What causes causes poor appetite? 1 hour later
When i go for lunch/dinner i fill my stomach is full and do not feel to bite anything.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
What you describe is reduced appetite...

Detailed Answer:

What you described seems like reduced appetite. It may be related to what you eat and consume during the rest of the day. Following a strict diet timings and avoiding in between snacks may bring the appetite back to normal.

What is your current weight? If you are not losing weight, then you seem to be taking enough calorie. However lack of complete diet may result in other nutritional deficiency.

It would also be worthwhile to see a doctor who can check for anemia, thyroid disorder, blood sugar disturbance, nutritional assessment and metabolic conditions. If any abnormality is found, it should be corrected.

In short, based on this short history I will not be able to give you a complete solution. You can consider your diet pattern and correct it as described above. If symptoms persist, you need to see a doctor who will test for aforementioned conditions.

Hope this is clear.