What causes carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome.
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.
If you would have presented to me as an outpatient,I would have told that -this is early stage of 'carpal tunnel syndrome' or median neuropathy at the wrist.
Please undergo Nerve conduction studies(NCS) of upper limbs with carpal tunnel protocol,and the findings in NCS will establish the diagnosis.
Also,get screened for these conditions which are common causes of CTS-
And rare disorders like amyloidosis.Please get screened for common disorders.
1)Decreased activity involving hands.Intense hand use like cutting vegetables and other such activities where hand works persistently,worsen the symptoms.
2)Splintage of wrist during night.
3)Medicines like pregabalin or amitriptyline.ALL MEDICINES TO BE TAKEN UNDER PHYSICIAN'S GUIDANCE.
These management steps will suffice for early stage.
Hope that I have answered your query.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer else,please close the thread-rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Injection for carpal tunnel syndrome
- What is the remedy for carpal tunnel syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome relief
- Carpal tunnel syndrome causes
- Carpal tunnel syndrome treatment
- Microgynon and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and cerezette
- Diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome
- What are the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome?