What causes canker sores on the tongue after intercourse?

Posted on Mon, 13 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello sir
I am XXXXXXX i am 19 year old i have done sex with professional worker but during intercourse condom gets broken after 3 days i got cold and pain near ears and neck i get urine test which was showing pus cells i start taking medicine of cold and infection and after 7 days i got canker sore under tongue and whitish tongue sir is this symptoms of hiv but moreover 4 days after intercourses i got blood sample of sex worker however it was negative sir but niw i m confused due to oral symptoms
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Regarding STD screening

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Thank you for writing to us.
I am Dr. Kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

A broken condom amounts to unprotected sex therefore you must go for full panel STDs screening test including HIV(Hiv Combo test for P24 antigen and anti HIV antibodies) syphilis (VDRL/ RPR), Herpes (HSV type 1 and 2 Elisa, igg and IBM) and urine test/ swab test for gonorrhea and chlamydia. These tests should be done initially at 3-4 weeks from sexual encounter and then again 12 weeks for a conclusive result. In the mean time if you develop any genital complaints like urethral discharge, burning micturation, genital sores, genital warts/ growths etc you must visit a dermatologist in person for examination.
Your symptoms of flu (fever, sore throat, ear ache etc) are not specific to HIV and moreover usually start after 7-10 days of HIV infection. Therefore you could most likely be suffering from a normal viral flu.
Canker sore and whitish coating on tongue(perhaps thrush) are also not specific signs of HIV and are a common side effect of oral antibiotic therapy (if your flu medicine also included an oral antibiotic for sore throat and ear ache then perhaps that is a reason for canker sore and thrush).
You cannot rely on the STD screening of a sex worker as an alternative to your own. You need to undergo full panel STD screening yourselves.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Answered by
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 8898 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  

Recent questions on  Gonorrhea

doctor1 MD

I caught gonorrhea of the urethra in December. I was treated for both chlamydia and gonorrhea at the same time. Then I came back because the...

doctor1 MD

helow, good eve from here.. i have just suffered from pain in urinating yesterday.. and i visit a lab for urinalysis and my PUS cells ranges from...

doctor1 MD

My clitoris is swollen very painful. It seemed like I had a cyst or something pop then it oozes. Its the 2nd time this has happened in the same...

doctor1 MD

I have been having sex since Thursday and today (Sunday) i experienced pain before and during peeing, and it comes out in small amounts. Do I have...

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the...

doctor1 MD

5 weeks ago, I had an encounter with She male Escort. Possible unprotected anal for 3 minutes, I was on top. I did a HIV RNA test at 14 days,...

doctor1 MD

Hi my name is Bryan. I contracted Chlamydia about 2 months ago and received treated after about 2-3 weeks of seeing the first signs of infection....

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

196 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction