What causes canker sores after having Z-pack?

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have bacterial tonsillitis (not viral, not strep). I have been on the Z-pack since Thursday night (it is Saturday morning). While my body and throat are beginning to feel better, I've noticed canker sores are popping up all over my mouth and tongue. Not cold sores, canker sores. Is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal condition

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I have gone through your query, medication and your age; it suggests that you are on the correct medication and in this condition canker sores are normal.

Just continue your treatment and I personally advised to add multivitamins in your treatment and reduced the frequency of the mouth gargles by the H2O2.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T