What causes buzzing sound accompanied by black outs while on heart medication?

Ophthalmologist
Question
As I am recovering from an Afib attack, and taking a metoprolol tartrate pill for heart beat of over 100, have "suffered" a terrible feeling in my head like a strong buzzing sound, accompanied by vision blacking out from the outside of a circle to the center, like a camera lens closing. Just as I think I am about to die it all goes rapidly away and I am fine . It has happened three tiplanecrazymes, twice very hard and fast, the last time just a passing sensation. What is happening. It is very scary.
Posted Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Requires evaluation to rule out thromboembolism.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to Health care magic.

It seems from the history that you are recovering from an attack of atrial fibrillation and you are on metoprolol.
The symptoms of black outs of vision, buzzing sound in the head.... require evaluation to rule out embolism or thrombus and bradycardia caused by metoprolol.

Since the episodes are recurrent this requires evaluation to rule out thromboembolism caused by atrial fibrillation or side effect of metoprolol.

Hence I advice you to consult your physician at the earliest for further evaluation.

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Thank you
with regards