What causes burping,breathlessness and wheezing?

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have an issue of burping all day long, before eating and after. I feel total breathlessness , wheezing during nights which makes me sleepless. My stomach is bloated all the time. Even after taking medication such as any antacid , I feel the same after couple of hours. I had an GI endoscopy done which showed some erosion on my stomach region. Please help me out with this
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
It seems you are suffering from Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) associated with h.pylori infection.
I need following details to help you better:
1. Do you have pain or burning in abdomen?
2. Any loose stools associated?
3. Any food regurgitation ?
4. Any pain killers you take?
5. Alcohol or smoking consumption?
6. During endoscopy were you tested for h.pylori infection?

Revert with these details for a better help.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 hours later
1) No pain in abdomen , but a burning sensation around upper stomach.
Endoscopy results:
Clinical Diagnosis- Dyspepsia
Oesophagus - Normal
Stomach - multiple erosion noted in the antrum
Duodenum - D1 and D2 normal
Impression - Gastric antral Erosion.
2) Very rare loose stools , not all the time.
3) Food regurgitation sometimes, i sense the taste of the food taken sometimes during excessive burping
4)Not pain killers, i take inhaler forocort 200 during excessive wheezing and gelusil as an antacid.
5)Smoking and alcohol occasional , ( once in 2 months ).
6) Nothing was reported in endoscopy with respect to h.pylori infection
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
You seem to be having what I have mentioned.
In such scenario I advise my patients to take treatment for h.pylori that is available in market as Pantocid HP kit for 14 days. And also add to it Tablet Domperidone 10 mg twice a day.
Further treatment is decided on the basis of improvement.
I would strongly advise you to stop smoking as that frequently causes this.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 37 minutes later
Thank you for your diagnosis. Just wanted to confirm if i can go ahead with the medicine you Prescribed because my doctor said it was chronic Gasteritis and the endoscopy did not say anything about this h.pylori.
Just Confirming twice if i can move ahead with your medicine.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Endoscopy didn't confirmed h.pylori because you were not tested for that. Usually after endoscopy we do rapid urease test to confirm h.pylori infection.
That Is my opinion for you. But we always ask our patients to discuss with there doctor before acting upon our advise. If I would have been your doctor I would have recommended you this treatment.
If you have no further query please close the discussion and rate it.
Stay Healthy.