What causes burning under the eyes?

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hi

Skin under eyes is burning from 1 hour .
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
The burning beneath the eyes could be due to some irritant reaction.
I would appreciate if you could attach an image of affected area.
In the meanwhile, take tablet levocetirizine twice in a day and apply fluticasone(steroid) twice in a day.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Follow up: Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 minutes later
Thank you doctor .

I was asking for my wife .
She is also expecting pregnancy .
Can we take your adviced medicine ?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
please let me know
Since how long is she having it
Any exposure to an allegen like new eye drop, ointment, application of cosmetic
Any redness, swelling,itching in affected area.

Levocetirizine and fluticasone is safe in pregnancy. She may take levocetirizine once in a day and apply fluticasone twice in a day.
Hope this helped.
Follow up: Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 minutes later
From 3 hours
No allergens.
Only burning sensation.

Above are answers to ur queries.

Thanks a bunch.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
just give her an antihistamine(levocetirizine)

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
Treatment remains the same, give her levocetirizine and apply flutivate in affected area. Let me know after a day if the burning sensation has improved