Further tests are needed for final conclusions...
There are various factors causing burning tongue:
- fungal infection
- possible GERD/or other stomach problems
- medicines you are taking recently or continuously
- oral dentures or other dental work
Before running into conclusions, I'd suggest to:
- do culture of oral swab for candida/bacteria infection although you did take diflucan
. You will do the sensitivity as perhaps that was not the right anti-mycotic of choice.
- do a complete blood profile to rule out anemia
- do an abdominal ultrasound
- do biochemistry and electrolytes balance
- check the levels of feminine/thyroid
hormones in blood
If everything is clear, then, you should be careful with foods/drinks you eat/drink.
All the best!
Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!