What causes burning sensation while urination and itchy urethra?
The pain and swelling is also off and on. The morning is the worst. The more fluid i drink and the more i urinate the more it goes away. Also the redness and swelling is on the top portion of the urethra opening and i feel the burn about an inch down from the head.
It is anterior Urethritis
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXXXXX
Thanks for providing the clinical picture. From the description given by you and clinical lesion seen it appears to be anterior Urethritis possibly .
I would suggest you the following which will be helpful
1. Hot Seitz bath : To a tub of lukewarm water add handful of common table salt. Sit in it for 15 to 20 minutes. Repeat it twice a day.
2. Local application of combination of Betamethasone and Framycetin ointment
3. Antibiotics : Tablet Azithromycin 1 gm single dose . Followed by Tablet Doxycycline twice a day for 10 days will be helpful.
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr T Shobha Deepak
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Frequent urination and tingling urethra causes
- What could cause burning sensation while urinating
- What causes itching and burning of vulva vagina and urethra
- What causes burning sensation with urination
- What causes an itchy urethra
- What is the cause of burning sensation while urinating
- What causes mild tingling sensation in urethra
- What causes burning sensation in the penis while urinating
- Sticky urine no burning urination irritation in urethra cause
- What causes burning sensation and bleeding while urinating