What causes burning sensation on penis and area between anus and scrotum?

Dr. Arun

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Thu, 9 Apr 2015 in Men's Health
Question: My penis started burning about a week ago now has moved down between my anus and scrotum. Yesterday had a little rash on inner thighs. I also have oval shaped red patches just above my pelvic region. worst symptom right now is burning/pressure feeling between scrotum and anus. seems better when I stand up worse when sitting. worried about an std because of an indiscretion a few weeks ago but have a history of jock itch and have neuropathy in my feet. No flu like symptoms or fever and no visible sores or rash on penis or scrotum. I used an antifungal cream on my thighs yesterday and it seems better today
Answered by Dr. Arun 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please answer question to help you futher...

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX,

Thank you for asking me direct query.

I want few answer from you so that I can help you further.

1. Do you have any future sexual exposure?

2. Can you send me a photograph of the rash and burning area?

3. Which antifungal cream you are using?

You can also ask me further queries in your answer.

Thank you,
Dr Arun Tank
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Follow up: Dr. Arun 7 minutes later
No future exposures but masturbation a lot last week. Using clomotrizole cream. Don't have pictures but have flat round red spots on stomach and inner thighs. Cream seems to be helping
Red spots the size of a dime to a nickel
Answered by Dr. Arun 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
likely to be fungal infections...

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your response to the question.

Masturbation has nothing to do with the infection.

Photograph of the lesion can help me to understand the condition. But from the description of your lesion it is evident that it is a fungal infection as clotrimazole antifungal cream which is responding to the therapy.

Avoid using steroids with the clotrimazole as this can cure initially but worsen the situation later.

I recommend you to continually apply the clotrimazole cream over the lesion.

Avoid sweating in the affected part as sweating favours the growth of the fungus.

Please wear the cotton undergarments and clothes. Wash the clothes under diluted dettol solution.

You can ask me for clarification.
Thank you