What causes burning sensation on buttocks?

Posted on Wed, 17 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have burning skin pain around my buttocks about the same space as a commode circles, it feels like I am sitting on a heater and blistered. During The time with this I have had like a pulled hamstring with severe pain from groin, down back of leg to toes. It had also some pain like spasms or electro shock for about a week. I am not diabetic. I do have fibromyalgia. Do you have an suggestions as to what may be causing this.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
need some details to guide you better

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for your complaint. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:

1. since when are you having this problem?
2. any history of trauma to that area?
3. have you observed any rash or swelling as well?
4. do you or anyone in the family has history of hypertension or other illness?
5. are you on any medication?

I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Thank You
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 47 minutes later
Problem started 1 week ago.
Last year I had a pulled hamstring.
I have like a cyst on that knee about the size of a thumb,
I do take medicine for hypertension.
I take Cymbalta for fibromyalgia, a statin for cholesterol, trazodone to sleep,
1,000 mg vitamin D, 325 mg aspirin, famotidine for acid reflux
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably dermatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. Features are suggestive of dermatitis. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following things:

- cetirizine one at night for 2 days
- ibuprofen thrice a day for 3 days.
- take very good care of personal hygiene.
- apply Betamethasone 1mg over the burning area.

Hopefully you will see improvement in 2-3 days BUT if conditions remains same or aggravates then you need to visit hospital for further workup.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf