What causes burning sensation inside right-sided abdomen?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: recently sense burning sensation inside of right quad.
I'm very athletic, cycling long distances on the weekends and medium rides during the week.
Had previously experienced some dehydration a few weeks ago and sense have turned to pedialite.
The burning is very skin/touch sensitive. Just started in the past 24 hrs. I tried muscle therapy to increase circulation but that seems to have increased the burning???

Thank you .JD XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Some more details:

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

I would surely like to help in this regard,however,I need to clarify certain things here-
Do you mean quadriceps by quad. over here?Has this burning sensation worsened over the past 24 hours or remained static?

Do you have any past disease or medical history?

Does this burning senation worsens or improves with any specific body posture or walking?

I shall be glad to have you in follow-up with details so that I can answer this well.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 4 hours later
Yes to quadriceps top of leg down to inner leg
No medical history basically perfect health
The problem was detected during last night sleep
I tried some basic muscle dripping this morning and that seemed to turn up the heat

3 hrs ago I took aleve and currently using heating pad. When I tried cold pack it was very painful with cold. It feels a little better but still there

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs observation for now.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up and providing further details.

As the problem is acute in onset and of short duration,it needs to be observed for some time.If this persists,then it should be evaluated for probable nerve damage(neuropathy).Nerve conduction studies may be required.

Conditions like Diabetes and alcoholism,may predispose to such events.Do you have any such history?

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)