What causes burning sensation in vagina post intercourse after treating UTI?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Fri, 24 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: I have been having issues with STI, when we were courting, each time I have sex with my she always complain of hot piss and that goes away upon the use of doxycycline. We got married last month and that lead to frequent sex. She complained about having stomach pain along the middle line of her stomach and burning sensation when passing out urine, we went to see a doctor, she was asked to run some tests like PT, FBT and WT. A little malaria parasite was only detected, so the Dr gave malaria drugs and ciprofloxacin. She was placed on 400mg twice daily for 5days, and I went to c a pharmacist who gave me two different antibiotics doxycycline inclusive.just after completing the dosage She complained about vigina itching.I went for a urine test on STI because I believe all this is coming from me, heavy growth of staphylococcus aureus was detected. Both of us were placed on 3 different antibiotics each. Mine was pefloxacin, fluconazole and doxycycline a tab of each twice daily. Hers are Ofloxacin, fluconazole doxycycline and a cream for 5days which ended this evening. We had sex the night we both completed the drugs and seriously complained about hotness in her vigina. I'm seriously tired of this menace. Any help rendered will save souls
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs re evaluation and culture sensitivity tests

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. With complete eradication of likely infection with antibiotics compliant use, i believe issue should have resolved. Non resolution and persistence of infection should be reevaluated for cultures and sensitivity to different antibiotics , we doctors call it antibiogram to sort out what is causing it. Get a vaginal swab, urine culture for both partners, abstain from coitus till full recovery and see what comes up. To me its just a resistant bug needing some antibiotics to which it is completely sensitive.

meanwhile good hygiene, use of hypoallergenic hygiene gels, avoidance of soaps , perfumes or douching down there, keeping the area hair free would help.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and her and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan