What causes burning sensation in the upper abdomen?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I'm at work and started having a burning sensation in my upper stomach area. I've also have period of nausua, gagging reflexes and little vomiting. I had breakfast, thought perhaps I may have acid stomach, but this is unusual for me to have stomach issues like th
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Gastroscopy should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

As this is something unusual for you, I suggest you to have gastroscopy done. Such symptoms do point to acid reflux indeed. However, for someone who did not have such symptoms before, so it is new thing, it might indicate something serious including stomach tumor (which is very rare by the way).
So just for your safety, please consider having gastroscopy done.

Hope this helps.
Regards.