What causes burning sensation in the throat and chest after exposure to paint fumes?
Drink plenty of fluids orally and inhale fresh air.
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
You are mostly having irritation and inflammation in throat and airways due to inhalation of chemicals.
This is usually self limiting in 1-2 days.
You should immediately come out from that area.
Inhale fresh air from open environment.
Drink plenty of fluids orally.
Do normal water gargles 5-6 times a day.
You can take simple painkiller like ibuprofen for throat soreness.
You will mostly improve with all these in 1-2 days.
But if you develop breathing difficulty or excessive coughing or hemoptysis (blood in sputum) then you should definitely consult doctor.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes burning sensation in the throat
- Burning sensation in throat after meal eating yoghurt helps cause
- What causes burning sensation in throat with fever
- What could cause burning in throat
- What causes burping and burning in the throat
- What causes burning in throat
- Does throat cancer cause burning sensation in throat
- What causes choking sensation in throat
- Throat irritation can exposure to paint fumes cause this
- What causes burning sensation in throat during pregnancy