What causes burning sensation in the penis?

Posted on Mon, 23 May 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Cause of burning sensation in penis
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to mild inflammation of urethra(Urethritis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have burning sensation in penis and there are no gross abnormal findings detected in routine urine analysis and endoscopic examination .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any urinary symptoms like burning urination ,increased frequency,nocturia ,poor flow of urine etc?
2) Do you have painful ejaculation ?
3) Are you taking any medications for any other illness ?
4) Do you have pain in perineal region ?

The cause of burning sensation in penis at this age could be due either mild inflammation of urethra or infection of prostate (Prostatitis).

Get Semen examination and Semen culture done to rule out prostatitis.

Taking antibiotic like Doxicycline with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily will help to get relief from symptom.

Ensure to drink more water .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist