What causes burning sensation in the pelvic area?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: burning sensation in pelvic area when bending down for a few minutes..also when wearing tight underwear or pants..
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nerve compression likely.

Detailed Answer:
The burning sensation in the pelvic area is likely to be due to a mild nerve root compression related to posture or tight undergarments. Proper diagnosis can be done after an MRI scan. It is best to avoid wearing tight undergarments and start spine strengthening exercises to reduce any nerve compression. Taking methylcobalamin supplements will also help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 13 minutes later
Thank you for your response.
Can you please suggest some spine strengthening exercises? and can I find the methylcobalamin supplements over the counter? Thank you again,

Sincerely,
XXXXXXX XXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
These supplements are available over the counter.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can get methylcobalamin supplements over the counter. It is best to learn the exercises from a physiotherapist so that you put adequate strength to stretch the spinal muscles.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj