What causes burning sensation in the lower throat and upper chest?

Gastroenterologist
Question
I have had esophageal reflux(?) burning sensation in my lower throat and upper chest for 3 days. I have taken mylanta with brief relief, but it comes back. I have some pantoprazole from a few months ago (rehab for fx hip & pelvis}. Would that help me now?

Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it would provide you immediate relief.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Have seen your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answer is,
Definitely yes pantoprazole would provide relief to you.Its a proton pump inhibitor a class of medication which inhibits production of acid in stomach.It affects the baseline acid secretion also and is highly effective in treating reflux disease.
You can start with pantoprazole 40 mg once or 20 mg twice daily(for maximum effectiveness take it empty stomach(don't take any thing for half an hour).

Thanks and get well soon.