Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What causes burning sensation in the lower throat and upper chest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 1590 Questions
I have had esophageal reflux(?) burning sensation in my lower throat and upper chest for 3 days. I have taken mylanta with brief relief, but it comes back. I have some pantoprazole from a few months ago (rehab for fx hip & pelvis}. Would that help me now?

Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it would provide you immediate relief.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
Have seen your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answer is,
Definitely yes pantoprazole would provide relief to you.Its a proton pump inhibitor a class of medication which inhibits production of acid in stomach.It affects the baseline acid secretion also and is highly effective in treating reflux disease.
You can start with pantoprazole 40 mg once or 20 mg twice daily(for maximum effectiveness take it empty stomach(don't take any thing for half an hour).

Thanks and get well soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor