Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes burning sensation in testicles and discomfort lower abdomen?

Urologist
Question
Hi I'm 23, 5''11 and 165 lbs, during the last week I've been having burning sensation providing not directly from the testicules but just a bit higher , , I've also been diagnosed with Asthma(constant shortness of breath) around 3 weeks ago. I'm just worried on what this could be, sometimes I will feel like a sharp pain when my bladder gets full. I can also feel some discomfort/dull ache in the lower abdomen.
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Naveen Poola 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
first thing to be ruled out is urinary tract infec

Detailed Answer:

Thank You for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Various things can present this way. These include urinary tract infection, renal stones, urethritis, epididymitis etc. I do not think that there is relation between recently diagnosed Asthma and this.

I suggest you to undergo investigations like complete urine exam, ultrasound scan of abdomen/pelvis/scrotum in addition to thorough physical exam to get the proper diagnosis, so that appropriate management can be planned. However, first thing to be ruled out is urinary tract infection which can be done by a simple urinalysis.

Stay healthy and thank you for consulting! You can contact me again anytime, if you need clarifications or further assistance in future. Kindly rate the answer if you are satisfied.