What causes burning sensation in stomach?

Posted on Wed, 4 Feb 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have a burning sensation in my left side top of the stomach before getting to the chest what could this be
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
reflux, esophageal spasms

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question. It sounds like you may be having reflux or esophageal spasms. The zantac you are taking may not be strong enough treatment. I suggest that you try something stronger like omeprazole and see if this relieves the problem. Also avoid sodas, alcohol, tobacco and caffeine. Eat small meals and don't eat just before bedtime. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Kathy Robinson