What causes burning sensation in mouth and cold after french kissing?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I had mouth to mouth kiss with a girl about 5 days early at 8pm. On that, in the morning time at 7am, I have brushed my tooth. My gums had scratches from toothbrush. I also drank coffee an hour before kissing. I got burning sensation in my mouth on 3rd day and I am not sure about red dots. Can those be cause by starvation because I have stopped eating (once in day) thinking about all the symptoms? I also got Cold next day I kissed the girl. I am really scared. She did not had any sore on her lips but I do not know anything about inside her mouth.please help me out here

What those symptoms point towards? Are those symptoms of acute HIV. Or herpes. I am really sacred off
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not related to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

Welcome to HCM.

Mouth to mouth kissing is no risk activity for HIV so you need not to worry about that. Mouth ulcers and burning can be due to starvation or deficiency of vitamin for which take tab folic acid and use zyti gel for local application and you will be fine soon.

Don't get scared or worried as there is no risk at all so forget about the episode and move ahead in life happily. If still any query left in your mind feel free to ask me and I am always here to help you.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 11 hours later
HI Doctor,
Today I have noticed couples of tiny red dots spread separately around the front of my tongue where the burning sensation is coming from. Also the day after I have kissed the girl, I had some red dots on my shoulder and chest. I am not sure that I have lost of appetite or not cause I had only a bowl of cereal of yesterday and i did not eat anything since today . And it is 11:30am in the morning. I am not sure about the throat sore. Sometimes I feel itchy inside throat. Please, let me know, can those be any symptoms of serious thing? Are those symptoms of acture HIV or herpes
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing serious.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The symptoms you had mentioned are not related to acute HIV. I think they might be due to vitamin deficiency so I will advice to take folic acid and you will be fine soon. Allay the fear of HIV and don't get over anxious as the risk is not there in your case.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 12 hours later
Hi doctor,
I am having tingling feeling for 2 days on my tongue and sometimes inside my mouth. It is been 7 days since I kissed. Could it be oral herpes? And is oral herpes a early symptom of HIV? Will those tingling feeling on my tongue leads to sores?
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not oral herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Oral herpes is early sign of HIV but your symptoms are not pointing towards oral herpes in my opinion. If still you have any doubt then consult your doctor to isolate the cause and follow the advice. No need to get feared or anxious as the risk is not there.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 38 hours later
HI DOCTOR,
Yesterday, I got swollen lymph node on my left side of neck where tonsil is. It pains too. Also, I talked to that girl. She told me that she got tested about a month ago and she does not have any diseases. She also has lymph not swollen by her neck. I do not really believe her. Now I am really concern.

HI DOCTOR,
Yesterday, I got swollen lymph node on my left side of neck where tonsil is. It pains too. Also, I talked to that girl. She told me that she got tested about a month ago and she does not have any diseases. She also has lymph not swollen by her neck. I do not really believe her. Now I am really concern. I also got cold.
Brief Answer:
Get tested to relieve your anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXX,

Welcome to HCM once again.

Swollen and painful lymph nodes in neck can occur due to any other viral or bacterial infection not only HIV. Please consult ENT specialist to isolate the cause by doing some tests and follow the treatment regime.

Don't get anxious or feared as the exposure is not risky. The best way to relieve your tension is to get tested for HIV so just go ahead and get back to me with test result. I am always here to help you out.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee