What causes burning sensation in lower right abdomen while doing exercises?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I was working out (squatting normal weight, not) and at the bottom of my rep, i felt a burning sensation along my lower right abdomen (running along my V line, about 2-3 in long). I saw a PA today, and she said it is a strained groin. My main concern is that i have noticed that my right testicle has retracted up nearer to the base of by penis. It is almost as if it is being constantly suspended giving me a weird sensation throughout the day. I would like to know if this is a permanent situation or if it will eventually return to normal? In addition, does this make me more susceptible to sustaining hernias in the future or groin-related injuries?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is no risk for hernias in future because of this!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this strain that you sustained. I will recommend that you do exercises in moderation so as to avoid future strains. These exercises actually strengthen the muscles in the groin and rather makes hernia less likely. The change in the position of the testes is probably as a reflex action provoked by the pain. As the pain subsides, this will return to normal.

In all, exercise in moderation. There is no greater risk of hernia or injuries in future.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 9 minutes later
Is there a general timeline of how long this feeling will continue? Just to reiterate, there is almost no pain, but in total layman's terms, my balls arent hanging as low as they were before this happened.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is transient..no hard timelines!

Detailed Answer:

I know this will return to normal but there is no hard timeline for this. I will say, monitor only for now and do not get too worried by it.

I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 18 hours later
Could it possibly be varicoceles?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
No!

Detailed Answer:

This is not a varicocele. Varicocele present with enlarged testicles which feel like a bag of worms. It increases in size with upright position and decreases with lying flat. This is no varicocele.

I hope this helps. I wish you well.