What causes burning sensation in foot?

Dr. Deepika Patil

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my husband is experiencing burning in his right foot. He has no other symptoms....no redness, swelling, or open wounds of any kind...how can I help him?
At this time he is unable to walk, but is stubborn and wont see a doctor...I need all the help and advice I can get.
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Deepika Patil 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
could be due to vitamin B deficiency

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

As there is no redness or swelling or any wound, so chances are there that it could be burning feet syndrome which occurs due to vitamin B 5 deficiency.

So you may give him vitamin B-complex supplements and more of green vegetables and fresh fruits and see if it helps.

If still there is no improvement after two weeks or it gets worse then better show to a doctor.

Hope I have been helpful.

Dr.Deepika Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T