What causes burning sensation in chest?

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 23 Feb 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I have an issue where it feels like my heart is "dropping" when I'm laying down, a slight burning sensation at times that when it drops I have to sit up and take a deep breath. It happens intermittently and causes me to not be able to sleep on my side or sometimes not at all without sitting up. Other times it feels as though it is also rubbing against my lungs or ribs and sometimes the odd feeling in my heart extends to my vaginal area at times. It sounds weird but it is the only way to describe it.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms are largely related to drug side effects.Require a 24 Holter test

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam.

I understand your query and concern.

Many symptoms you described can possibly related to many drugs like Adderall,Clonazepam and Ritalin.

These drugs are known to cause extensive Gastrointestinal disturbances which can range from acid reflux symptoms like heartburn and chest discomfort like rib rubbing sensation.

Pertaining to skipped beats,I advise you to have a 24 hr holter EKG monitoring which can pick up the possible causes of heart beat irregularities.Further treatment largely depends on the test results.

The risk of acquiring a heart disease is very low in case in view of your age and body habitus.

Meanwhile drugs like Nexprofast taken every morning on empty stomach can help to control your gastrointestinal symptoms due to the drugs used for Anxiety,GAD,ADHD etc.

This Nexprofast should be taken as long the above drugs are used.

I advise you to consult you doctor and discuss about dose reduction of these drugs to minimize the gastrointestinal symptoms.

Post your further queries,if any.
Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 4 hours later
Thank you so much!
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,

You are welcome.