What causes burning sensation in chest along with shortness of breath?
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is more likely.
Thanks for your question on HCM.
In my opinion you might be having worsening GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) because your all cardiac and Pulmonary reports are normal.
GERD is due to laxity of gastroesophageal sphincter.
Because of this the acid of the stomach tends to come up in the esophagus and cause the symptoms of burning chest pain.
This also causes micro aspiration in the lungs. And this can cause breathing difficulty.
So better control of GERD is needed to relieve all these symptoms.
You need to follow these steps for better symptomatic relief.
1. Avoid stress and tension.
2. Avoid hot and spicy food.
3. Avoid large meals, instead take frequent small meals.
4. Start proton pump inhibitors and prokinetic drugs.
5. Avoid smoking, alcohol or caffinated drinks.
Hope I have solved your query.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes shortness of breath pain in chest and headaches
- What causes shortness of breath along with choking cough
- What causes shortness of breath with chest discomfort
- What causes shortness of breath
- What causes shortness of breath and chestpain
- What causes shortness of breath and wheezing
- What is the cause and treatment for shortness of breath
- What are the causes of chest burn
- What causes chest heavinessthroat tightnesspalpitations and shortness of breath
- What causes backache with short breath