• question-icon

What causes burning sensation in bladder tube in an elderly man?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: My dad is feeling burning sensation in his bladder tube all the day.. It's getting more in morning and evening.. Done hilis endoscopy and ultrasound as well. But reports are normal. Can I know the reason of this. Thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to UTI .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your father has UTI especially Urethritis.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Does he have burning in penis after endoscopic examination (Cystoscopy)? or before the Cystoscopy?

Please get his routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please give him broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefexime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkaliser thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure he drinks more water.To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist