What causes burning sensation in anus while on Ciproflaxin?
It is not due to side effect of Ciprofloxacin .
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had been suspected to have UTI/Prostatitis and was prescribed Ciprofloxacin and your symptoms have resolved to certain extent /
However you are getting loose stools which you have doubt to be due to side effect of Ciprofloxacin .
I would like to state that Ciprofloxacin never causes side effect lke loose motions .In fact it is being prescribed to control loose motions .
The problem of loose motions that you have could be due to Proctatitis associated with Prostatitis .
Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Stool Examination .
Start taking combination of Ofloxacin and Tinidazole twice daily .
Ensure to drink more water and avoid spicy food for couple of days .
Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes anus cancer
- What cause inching on the anus
- Can ciproflaxin cause impotence
- What causes achiness in anus
- What causes pain in the anus and burning while urinating
- What could be the cause for itchy sensation around anus
- What causes burning blisters around the anus
- What causes continuous buring sensation in anus while having constipation
- What causes burning and bleeding in the anus
- What causes itching sensation around anus