What causes burning sensation in anus and orange stool?

Posted on Thu, 9 Jul 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I just went to the bathroom and my stool looked bloody/orange, and my anus was burning horribly. I'm not sure if it could be internal bleeding or if it was the XXX vitamin water that i drank today which was a dark red color...
No abdominal pain or anything

Also im sorry to be so graphic but i uploaded a picture of what the second round looked like if that helps...
The first time there didn't seem to be mucus but now there is ?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Following answer to your query.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking to HCM!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

After reviewing your history and the photo you provided my opinion is that you most probably are having anal fissures that is manifested with burning sensation during defecation and with bloody and mucus stools.

The beverage xxx vitamins may change the color of stools but never can cause mucus stools or burning sensation.

If you were my patient I would recommend:
- avoid constipation
- drink plenty of water
- use olive oil
- use preparation H to relieve the burning sensation

If the problem persist or bloody stools worsen you should go immediately to emergency room to exclude any life-threatening situation.

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Klerida
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 minute later
Okay thank you..does it look life threatening ? I hate to be gross again but i dont think i will need to go #2 again tonight..
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following advice.

Detailed Answer:
Hi back

From what I can see from the photo it doesn't seems life-threatening and in most of the cases it's self limited.

You should follow my advice and you will see the improvements within a couple of days.

Wish you health!
Dr. Klerida
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 35 minutes later
Okay..did that look like blood?
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it looks like blood..

Detailed Answer:
Hi back
Yes, it seems to be fresh blood and mucous on your stools.

As I said above fresh blood stools with burning sensation at anal area during defecation usually comes from anal region( anal.fissure).
Since there is small.amount of blood at your stools it will.be self limited hemorrhage.
If you follow my advice, it will pass after a couple of days.

wish you fast recovery.
Dr.klerida

Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 15 minutes later
Okay but there was a bit more blood the time that it pooped before this like it was all in my stool and there was a lot of it..
Brief Answer:
Following advice.

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

Although there was a little bit more blood you shouldn't worry about that.

Only if the amount of blood is increased further and it persist even after defecation than you should worry about and go immediately to emergency room.

Wish you health!
Dr. Klerida
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 41 minutes later
If I was bleeding internally would it also be coming out of my urine or no?

Thanks for all the help thus far :)
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following advice.

Detailed Answer:
Hi back again,

In case of massive internal bleeding you would have frequent black bloody stool diarrhoea and it's very uncommon to have urinary bleeding.

In your case you have only small amount of blood and mucus stool (no black stool diarrhoea). This is why you should stay calm and relax because your symptoms aren't to worry about.

Wish you health!
Dr. Klerida
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 30 hours later
sure! here is a pic of my hand I circled the part that is sore to touch..then I uploaded a pic of the back of my neck something weird is going on with it and it'd worrying me
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the suggestions below..

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

After reviewing the pics you provided unfortunately you have sent the same pics of your bloody stool. Can you upload again the new pics.

However if you have a tender and sore hand with skin lesions my opinion is that you may have blood clotting problems especially low platelet count.

This is why I would like to suggest to do a blood analysis to exclude trombocitopenia.

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Klerida
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
I'm sorry i was speaking to another dr and accidentally uploaded it to our conversation. What is a skin lesion? It's on my neck and he said it looks like dermatitis. After that one incident with blood in my stool there has been no more and the pain in my hand is on the tendon. Only hurts when i touch it....
why would that be a clotting issue?

Thanks :)
Brief Answer:
You shouldn't worry about, it's not a clotting issue.

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

With skin lesions I include those lesions caused by hemorrhage such as petechiae, ecchimosis (bruise), hematoma etc.

As long as it's only dermatitis it's not a skin lesion due to hemorrhage and you shouldn't worry about, it's not related to clotting issues.

Now that i know that the question was addressed to another doctor and it has nothing to o with our conversation, can you forget my previous answer.

Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu

Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 2 days later
I just want to know could this be just from being overweight or does my arm look swollen up top? I've had this for a very long while..what worries me is soft tissue sarcoma of something :(
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to be warried..

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX

After reviewing the second pic that you uploaded I can say that there is nothing to be worried with your arm.

With regard to swollen region it is due to overweight and adipose (fatty) tissue deposition. There is nothing to do with sarcoma or any other soft tissue issues.

Wish you all the best. Enjoy your life.
Dr.Klerida

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist