What causes burning sensation in abdomen after swallowing chicken bone?
I am wondering if the bone would be causing the pain or is it the biliary dyskensia?
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Chicken bone if passed from the upper part of esophagus / end of throat ( narrowest sphincter in GI tract) by swallowing then it will pass the GI tract with in 72 hours. Your time duration is of more than 5 days now so it is defiitely passed.
So the pain you are feeling is definitely from biliary dyskinesia and not the chicken bone swallow. Supportive and symptomatic care, diet and lifestyle modifications can be tried and if unhelpful then taking gall bladder out via minimal procedure would be only valid option left.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes difficulty swallowing
- Can swallowing chicken bone cause back pain
- What causes immediate vomiting after swallowing food
- What causes bone overgrowth
- What causes to swallow saliva that causes headache and nausea
- What causes bone demineralization
- Does swallowing a piece of bone cause chest pain
- What causes holes in the bone
- What causes bone thickening
- What causes foot pain after a bone fracture