• question-icon

What causes burning sensation during urination?

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I had sex about 7/12 and haven't since. I started noticing a burn sensation roughly 7/17 while urinating but prior I had masturbated a few more times than normal so I thought maybe I just caused it and would wait a few days to see. Then this past Thursday 7/20 I got a fever(102.3) and a sore throat. I then notice warts(roughly 6 that I've seen) on my genitals and in my mouth (hard to count) after checking because the pain is so bad that I can hardly eat. I just want and idea of what it can be so I'm prepared. I have went and gotten a comprehensive std panel but am waiting for the results. And also if there is anything I can do for the pain in my mouth. No symptoms had been present prior to the last time I had sex.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait for results of blood test to coe

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Burning urination with sore throat after sex strongly suggest STD .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Was it a unprotected sex ?
2) Are you aware of STD status of a female whom you had sex with ?
3) Do you have urethral discharge?

The symptoms that you have point towards diagnosis of STD .

Start taking Erythromycin twice daily along with local anesthetic jelly Zytee for local application in the oral cavity .This will help you to reduce pain .

Take Nitrofurantoin and urine alkalizer twice daiy to get relief from burning urination .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 minutes later
It was unprotected which I know I should not have done. It was a in the moment lapse of judgment. We did talk about it and as far as either knew we were both clean. And I have seen no discharge as of yet.

I will follow your suggestions for the pain also. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get the tests done and start the medicines suggested

Detailed Answer:
Hwllo
Thanks for follow up .

Get the tests done and start the medicines suggested .Take the appropriate treatment after getting the results of the tests .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist