question-icon

What causes burning sensation during urination?

Posted on Fri, 13 May 2016
Question: Burns while I urinate and have bump under skin of penile shaft
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam (8 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Dehydration or cut or infection

Detailed Answer:

Sometimes the bumps are normal under the skin of the penis. If you can upload a picture I can help you with better answer. Do you have pain? Are you sexually active? Any encounters with unknown people? Do you have foul smelling or pus discharge from the penis?

If it burns when you urinate it could be infection or a frictional cut due to intercourse. You need a course of antibiotic and urinary analgesics like Pyridium. THese are prescription drugs so you should see at an Urgent clinic then.

Let me know if you have more information.
Dr. V. N. S. Parinam