What causes burning sensation during urination?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Sometimes i get burning urniation which is exactly the same as cystitis.
It burns badly and comes out very little, i use all the right vaginal soaps, however its becoming more regular and the other night even woke me up. I always go to the toilet after sexual intercourse to flush out.
Is this due to me not drinking enough water? So my urine is acidy?
Its diffrent to cysitis in the way it doesnt last very long. I will take a couple of ibruprofen and a few glasses of water to wash myself out and my wee goes back to normal. However its getting that regualr i dread going to the toilet due to it possibly stinging.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You have UTI.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you are getting UTI off and on and needs to be eradicated completely..

Please get your routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water .To keep your urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Please can you give me a second opinion on something? I was waiting for a reply from a doctor but she is no longer replying.
M
! I have almost like skin tags around the opening of my vagina, they cover the hole and when I self examine with legs open I front of the mirror and I push they move. I have a partner and we have no problems with sex, I have also noticed lumps at the back of my throat and floor of my mouth I'm not sure if they are connected. Could this be due to the pill? I am on microgynon and have had bad side effects from it and now stopped taking it, I wasn't sure if this was happening due to the hormones, i have attached photos
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult qualified ENT surgeon .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up and uploading photos .
The lumps at the back of throat are due to infection in oral cavity and can not be due to drug that you are taking .
As regards the skin tag around vaginal opening it may be Labia Minora and needs t be confirmed by a Gynecologist ,
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patuil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 5 minutes later
An std infection? And a previous doctor said that the lumps in my vagina is my hymne, do you not agree?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hymen can be confirmed only by clinical examination by Gynecologist.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

As regards the lump being Hymen It can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified Gynecologist .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.