What causes burning sensation during urination?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Ok, my last period was April 7 and I normally have a cycle that lasts from 33-38 days. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. But I've noticed some spotting on toilet paper like a pinkish color. I've been pregnant once before but lost her at 16 weeks. The only other thing I've noticed is it stings and kind of burns to urinate. I'm a little bit more tired than normal. No nausea no tenderness of my breast in other words no signs of my menstraul coming at all. What's goin on?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to UTI and vaginal infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
You are having UTI and vaginal infection because you are having burning and sting smell in urine.
To rule out UTI ( urinary tract infection) you should go for urine examination and culture and sensitivity.
You should go for repeat pregnancy test if you had early pregnancy test.
You have not mentioned when you had abortion?
Your period may be delayed due to hormonal imbalance.
Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more information.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 12 minutes later
Aug 7 was my d&c I was on BC until feb. If UT I comes out fine any suggestions for what I should do next. Such as wait it out to see if a period does come?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, wait for your menses.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Yes, if UTI is not there and pregnancy test is negative, it is better to wait for your period for atleast one week.
Hope it is useful.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN