What causes burning sensation during urination post urinary stent removal?
It is due to UTI
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your mother has UTI.
Please get her routine urine test and urine culture done to find out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
Please give her broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefixime along with urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .Later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report.
Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.
Ensure she drinks more water .To keep herur urine dilute This will help to control dysuria.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes burning sensation during urination when suffering from urethritis
- What could cause burning sensation during urination
- What causes welts on penis and burning sensation during urination
- What causes burning sensation during urination during pregnancy
- What causes burning sensation with urination
- What causes urinary incontinence during the day
- What causes frequent urination with burning sensation during urination
- What causes recurring urinary infection and burning sensation in penis
- Urinary stent blood in urine
- What causes burning sensation during urination