What causes burning sensation during urination and constant mild discomfort?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Recently i have a new sex partner. And now i suspect that i have UTI
Symptoms include burning sensation while peeing (especially when u finish) and mild discomfort during the day. And constantly have to rush to urinate.
I dont think its STD.
Ive been taking trimethopnime and sulfamethoxazole 150mg:800mg for three days now and havent had sex . The symptoms are a little better but not too much. Should i try another antibiotic/other ?
Thx
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
It looks like urine infection only as typically you have pain on the finishing end of the urination.
Take a note of the following -
- keep taking the antibiotic for another 4 days
- take syrup alkasip or citralka 4 teaspoons in a glass of water for 3 times a day
- drink a lot of water and cranberry juice if possible.
- wear a cotton based underwear and change it daily
- wash perineal region with vWash liquid after bath
- avoid sex or use condom while having sex
In case it persists then visit your gynecologist for examination.
All the best.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 2 days later
Hey until right now i still pee painfully
Starting to think the antibiotic doesnt work?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Urine culture and change of antibiotic advised

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear in case you still have the symptoms then get a urine culture done as first thing in morning and then start tablet Nitrofurantoin 100 mg twice a day for 5 days and see the response.
Keep your water intake high as advised before and upload the result of urine culture report so that the causative agent can be seen.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 4 hours later
Local pharmacy gave me nitroxoline 200mg three times a day?? Does it work
They dont have nitrofurantoin
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will be effective

Detailed Answer:
Yes dear this might help you better but start it only after giving sample for urine culture so that the culprit organism comes in our notice.
All the best.