What causes burning sensation during urination after treatment with Nitrofurantoin?
Thanks for the query
If you are persisting to have symptoms of urinary tract infection especially urgency and frequent voiding of urine then it is possible that the infection is still persisting
Here is how you should go about it
1. Get a urine routine test done to see for persisting pus cells
2. send for urine culture to see which organism is growing and to which drug it is sensitive to
3. Continue to take Nitrofurantoin
I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me
The fact that you have burning sensation could mean that there is some amount of residual infection. Burning micturation is synonymous with urinary tract infection. Sensitive urethra often causes pain and not just burning.
I suggested you to keep taking Nitrofuratoin as you are still symptomatic.
I recommend a urine alkalinizer like syrup citraalks 2 tsp morning, afternoon and night for symptomatic relief.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Burns bleeds when urinating frequent urination cause and treatment
- Causes of burning tongue treatment
- Uti had urine test what is cause and treatment
- What is the cause and treatment for pain during intercourse
- What treatment is suggested for burning sensation during urination
- What causes burning sensation during ejaculation after prostate cancer treatment
- Sperm in urine causes and treatment
- Sticky urine causes treatment
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What is the treatment for burning sensation during urination