What causes burning sensation during defecation?

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Constipation
Question: I have apparently eaten something that is causing light colored stools and a burning sensation after they come out. I've been eating a lot of pineapple lately could that be the cause?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
PINE APPLES COULD BE A CAUSE

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Diet especially if contaminated and in excess can affect bowel habits.
Please take plenty of water in case the stools become loose and diarrhea develops so keep yourself well hydrated.
you may use metrogyl topically or take an anti allergic like loratidine for the burning sensation.
give it a little time and symptoms should subside meaning don't start empiric antibiotics and other meds immediately.
get a stool R/E done to see for any pathological infestation, blood , pus, parasites or others
treatment would depend on the results of stool R/E.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
What is stool R/E?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
R/E IS ROUTINE EXAMINATION

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

Apologize for using medical jargon.

STOOL R/E MEANS Routine Examination of stool sample, including both macroscopic and microscopic examination for detecting ova , parasites and other abnormal features.

thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad