question-icon

What causes burning sensation during defecation and light coloured stool?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016
Question: Tell me the cause of very light colored stools with burning during elimination and after.
I have had the condition for 2 days.
Answered by Dr. Prasad (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
I would wait for you to improve...

Detailed Answer:
I am sorry for the late reply.

I went through your query and I empathize with you. Stool color depend a lot on the type of diet as well as factors within gut and hepatobiliary tract (liver and gall bladder). Usually, I would order stool test along with liver function and ultrasound scan to determine the cause of discomfort. However in your case since you haven't reported any other symptoms and the discomfort is only for couple of days, I would wait for a couple of days more.

In the meanwhile, I would suggest you take lot of fluids, fibre rich diet and a stool softener along with preparation H cream. Monitor the progress. Watch out for fever, yellow discoloration of eye (sclera), skin, urine.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Dr. Prasad