What causes burning sensation below the rib cage, near diaphragm and back?
Gastric discomfort / gastritis
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. BUrning sensation in rib cage and near diaphragm in epigastric region is likely a gastric discomfort, with use of pain killers, age of 69, stomach may gets vulnerable t inflammation and may cause gastritis or acid reflx.
You need some pepto, some nexium, diet and lifestyle modifications like more fiber and fluids, losing weight, avoid coffee, alcohol, stimulants, processed canned foods, spices, soda, chocolates etc . Lying down after meal should be delayed for an hour or two at least. If the pain persists then get some work upto rule out gall bladder and pancreas involvement.
I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
Gastric discomfort possible with normal work up
Thank you for getitng back to me
That's the thing about gastric discomfort. All work up comes normal. Medications help only 20 %. Diet and lifestyle modification is the key. IBS should be a suspicion as well as that mimic and present with this pain.
I hope it helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Back pain below rib cage
- What causes pain below the rib cage
- Pain in left side back below rib cage
- What causes burning sensation in back and thigh muscles
- Back pain near rib cage
- Extra bone in back rib cage causing pain
- What is the cause of pressure below rib cage
- Causes of burning sensation near rib cage
- Spasmodic back pain below right rib cage
- What causes popping sensation below the right rib cage
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...