Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

187 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes burning sensation around right eye?

Answered by
Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar


Practicing since :2003

Answered : 2190 Questions

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hello I am a 28 year old female and am being treated for anxiety I have been having a burning sensation around my right eye it's not really a headache but I have also been experiencing a tingling felling in my left arm I have had blood work done and all came back normal as well as a n/c ct scan which also came back normal should I be worried about a brain tumor ?
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needn't worry...

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

I understand that you are concerned about your symptoms and worried whether they could be indicative of a brain tumour.

Now, firstly, the symptoms that you have described are non-specific symptoms and are not characteristic of a brain pathology. Secondly, since all medical tests, including a CT scan of the brain, are normal, there is no reason to be worried at all.

It is important to understand that anxiety can present with not only psychological symptoms but also with physical or somatic symptoms. Burning / tingling sensations, etc. are symptoms that are commonly seen in anxiety disorders. Now, this does NOT mean that 'everything is in your head' and that you are simply imagining the symptoms. Not at all. It has been found that anxiety disorders are associated with certain neuro-chemical imbalance in the brain and this can cause the person's pain and sensory threshold to get lowered and he / she can become 'hypersensitive' to sensory stimuli, and therefore have tingling, burning, etc. The underlying anxiety also causes a person to become more worried as to why his / her symptoms are "undiagnosed" despite multiple tests, and then this worry / anxiety itself then starts worsening the symptoms more. Soon this becomes a viscious cycle, leaving the person with more symptoms and suffering.

I would suggest that it would be worthwhile to consult a psychiatrist for a detailed psychological assessment. If your symptoms are predominantly anxiety-related, then there are effective treatment options - in the form of medication or counselling / psychotherapy which will help you overcome your problems.There are also several psychological techniques and relaxation therapies, for example, progressive muscle relaxation, applied relaxation, biofeedback, etc. which can yield effective and long-lasting results. Additionally, you can also try simple relaxation techniques like deep breathing, yoga, etc. which can be quite helpful. Regular physical exercise helps in relieving both the physical as well as psychological symptoms of anxiety and also helps you stay more functional.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Brain tumour

doctor1 MD

my name is lakshmi i had gone through CT scan and MRI scan and they told i have brain tumour and the doctor has given me macbutin before food and forecos kit after food i should continue for 20 days and the tumour will vanish is that true are should go for the opreation.

doctor1 MD

Hellow sir, I am XXXX XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX My question is "can brain tumour be transferred through mosquitoes?" My neighbour is suffering from brain tumour and there are so many mosquitoes in my area. So, please tell me that brain tumour...

doctor1 MD

Hi there. I am trying to make sense of a histopathology report, specifically for a glioblastoma brain tumour . I wondered if there were any doctors with experience in this field who could help translate it into something easier for me to understand?

doctor1 MD

Hello I've had some pretty bad headaches for a good couple of weeks now and are really bad most mornings although not as bad some days . I've got really bad memory loss , feeling a bit sick at times and lose my balance on the odd occasion. I've...

doctor1 MD

How are you Dr.. My brother Amos who is 34 was diagnosed with a brain tumour (astrocytoma) in September last year after he had an epileptic fit (1st ever) and was operated on 9th September, 2011 and mass which was classified as low grade II was removed (was at front of forehead). Thereafter, radiotherapy was done for 28 sessions. He have since been attending clinics. My patient gets seizures from time to time, yawns a lot and hiccups sometimes for many hours.
Friday, 30th November 2012, he got 3 seizures at 1000hrs, 1140hrs and at 0100hrs. MRI report taken after the seizure showed a recurrence of the tumour (4cm) and recommended surgery. MRS report done after the MRI on 11/12/2012 shows no recurrence, but reported gliotic lesions.

What does all this mean? What are the treatment options?

doctor1 MD

I am a 49 year old woman, diagnosed with Lofgrens sundrome 2 years ago but have recovered and am otherwise well. I do however suffer badly from anxiety and particularly health anxiety. For the last few weeks I have had a peculiar taste in my mouth. It's difficult to describe but it tastes a bit gluey like when you lick an envelope. Also mucosa and tongue are sore at times as if I've burned them (but I haven't). From time to time throat feels rough,like something is stuck in it (I keep having to clear it). My taste for food and drink is all normal although I think the gluey taste might be more noticeable when I drink water. I have had blood tests - RBC, WBC,ESR,glucose,Vitamins,liver function - all normal apart from the GGT which was a little raised (dr said this was probably because I'm overweight - I don't drink alcohol).I am incredibly anxious over this - wondering if it could be some sort of cancer - stomach, pancreas, colon etc or a brain tumour affecting my taste! Could the anxiety be causing these problems or perimenopause? Do I need more investigations or can I stop worrying?

doctor1 MD

Suffering from headache at the back of left head for 5 days , some diarrahea and am feeling alot of anxiety. had bloods tests and chest x-ray done 2 days ago, but headache is still there and am getting more anxious, also I have a CTscan appt.for the morning. Could this be a Brain Tumour..?