question-icon

What causes burning sensation and pain in face?

Posted on Tue, 16 Feb 2016
Question: son woke up this morning with entire face and beck swollen, very dark red, feeling like burn and painful, giving benedryl now, but still no response after several hours. swelling is spreading.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (28 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please, upload an image for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your son has. It is important to see this rash in order to make the right diagnosis and make helpful recommendations. For this, I will suggest that you upload an image for review. However, the acute nature of this rash is suggestive of a possible allergy but that needs confirmation and images will help in this light.

To upload an image, click on the upload icon to the right of your dashboard and follow the onscreen instructions. You may also send it directly to customer service at YYYY@YYYY and request that it should be uploaded to your query.

I hope to hear from you and promise to respond promptly. Until next, I wish you well.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah